Part 1: Dedication to the Will of God
- God’s will refers to His purpose for the life of a believer.
- The best place in the world to be for any of us to be is in the middle of God’s
- What brings God most pleasure? His perfect plan!
- The best strategy in seeking God’s will is to pray in surrender to it(will) from the onset. Pray like Jesus: “Not my will but Yours be done.”
Rom 12:1-2 “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
The Will of God
- The chief goal of God’s will is that He be glorified – in all circumstances
- “..that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ..” (1 Peter 4:11)
- “Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, But to Your name give glory…” (Ps 115:1)
- If your desire is for the glory of God to be elevated, be assured His Will is going to be accomplished in you.
- God’s will is to advance His kingdom – in every real
- Kingdom of God – His REAL yet unseen rule over all creation.
- This is the reason why Jesus said, “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” (Matt 6:33)
- We need to align our goals with His kingdoms goals for our lives to flourish.
- God’s Will is for Christ to be Lord – in every area.
- Lordship = Authority = Power
- 3 Major components of His Will: Glory + Kingdom + Lordship
- “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.” (John 6:38)
- As believers, we should evaluate every decision on the basis of biblical principles.
- Obedience brings God’s blessings.
In His Service
Ps Bonginkosi Dlulisa